Back in Germany after a great week at home. It went so fast and I did so much, what to blog about now? OK, the Generals and Admirals version:
- 28th Anniversary dinner with Kate that was made extra special when our friends Ken and Heather (caterers extraordinaire!) tipped off the restaurant without our knowledge. We were spoiled rotten. Ausgezeichnet!
- Swam 5 mornings of the available 6
- Triple Threat Triathlon training camp in Pinawa. Another great weekend with the team.
- Four bike rides,Four runs
- Caught up with the guys
- Sent flowers to my Mother for her Day and spoke to her on the phone
- Haircut, dentist and physio who told me I am 90-95% recovered
As soon as I got back to Germany I immediately set off for Bergamo, Italy again. I was reintroduced to Autobahn driving after 15 years - definitely not for the faint of heart but good to get out of one's system. But still the question loomed: What should my first return blog post be about?
Thank God for the CBC. They reminded me that there can only be one answer. And it's these guys.
Here's a link to the CBC News story http://www.cbc.ca/news/offbeat/story/2012/05/16/lemonbucket-orkestra-toronto-flight548.html
Oh, yeah. I missed my connecting flight to Nuremberg and had to wait in Frankfurt an extra two hours which screwed up my evening big time. The "concert" was my only compensation. It didn't cost Air Canada a dime, airline management didn't have a clue it was happening and the musicians were actually a source of revenue. Sigh.
From Nuremberg I wish you a joyous Christi Himmelfahrt Feiertag, which Kate deduced is Ascension Day (It's also Father's Day here). And thanks for reading.