Saturday 2 June 2012

A New Home in Nuremberg

As promised, yesterday was moving day for me over here in Germany. I was quite comfortable in Dr. Koenig's flat. It was in the city but it was still a 30 minute walk or a 10 minute tram ride from the Altstadt (Old City) where it's all going on. I just found that made the evenings a little dull. So Jutta our office administrator worked with the same rental office and found me this fabulous new place right in the centre of town.

Living Room. A TV over the desk is coming
It's a brand new rennovation and I'm the first tennant. It's on the first floor (one above ground level) so less of a climb than my old place on the third. It's a little bit smaller but it's a lot brighter. The rennovation of the building is still ongoing so there is scaffolding on the building front and back. My little balcony may not see use until after I'm gone.
Tiny kitchen but that's a dishwasher!

I can't begin to tell you just how happy I am with this place, both the location and the accommodation. Some areas make me think of living on a boat or a train, mainly the little kitchen and the bathroom. Once again, hot water was not to be taken for granted I had to find the electrical panel (it's out in the hall), identify the breaker and switch it on. My reward was a fine shower after my long run. Celebrate the small victories.

The kitchen comes complete with a dishwasher (gasp!) and something called a Tchibo pod coffee maker. This is a very modern device that is capable of making the most beautiful looking cup of hot brown water you have ever laid eyes on. But nothing you'd want to drink. Fortunately I come equipped to deal with that but that will be the subject of another post.


Without question my favourite feature of the place has to be the picture of Holly Golightly. An apartment with a good location, comfortable, bright, functional and even Audrey Hepburn. What's not to like?

Thanks for reading,
Tom


No comments:

Post a Comment